Saturday, September 02, 2006

Rinse and Repeat

It's been 3 long months of looking like a redneck hillbilly and sounding like a mentally challenged child with a lisp the gap between my teeth has finally closed.

Braces are incredible. Don't get me wrong I still hate everything that is going on in my mouth but at least now I can see some kind of positive progress.

The downside to all this progress is that now I have become obsessed with my teeth, more specifically brushing my teeth. At first I was paranoid about having food stuck in my metal so I would brush after every meal. It then developed to brushing after every meal and then again half an hour later. Now I'm at the point where I stop for a quick brush of the teeth every time I walk past the bathroom.

The actual brushing routine has also become way more involved. I start with a rinse , then I brush with fluoride toothpaste, then I rinse with Listerine, then I brush with whitening toothpaste, then I with water again.

I know I'm a little bit manic. There is nothing wrong with wanting to maintain good dental hygiene.

I'm off to buy some more toothpaste but before I go let me share something with you.

I can post it now because the trauma associated with seeing this photo has disappeared along with the gap.


No trick photography- no photoshop- just gap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That gap isnt so bad. Its cute, in a country hick kinda way.

Anonymous said...

michaelwho.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.