Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sex On A Plate

Today I had the best pancakes of my life.

Buckwheat pancakes with sugar coated strawberries, fresh cream, and drizzled with honey- sex on a plate. What made them even better was the cute waiter that served them to me, actually the cute waiter/restaurant owner that served them to me.

I have recently become obsessed with a new restaurant in my area called 'Dimples'. It's a rare to find a well designed restaurant with reasonably priced interesting food and a cute waiter/owner.

My obsession began by chance, while falling asleep on the early morning tram ride to school. I was rudely elbowed by a witch like woman attempting to apply her eighth layer of makeup, as I repressed the urge to punch her in the face I looked past her out the window and noticed a funky new addition to the otherwise familiar streetscape.

'Dimples: A Suburban Eatery'

After one visit I was hooked, and let me state for the record that cute waiter/owner was not there on this first trip. However he was there for five subsequent visits and on all occasions he has been just responsive enough to my flirting to guarantee my repeat business.

This morning I was there for a Father’s Day brunch and he managed to subtly charm me, while being careful not to draw any unwanted, (Oh My God Michael is flirting with a male waiter) attention from my oblivious family, that’s impressive.

I’m not stupid, I’m sure that the charming smile he flashes is simply a well refined skill. I don’t actually believe that there is any chance of living happily ever after and adopting Cambodian children together. Nonetheless, I’ll no doubt be back there soon for another serve of Dimples’ fantastic gnocchi with meatballs and ricotta, served with a side of the cutest waiter /owner on earth.


Mmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second that motion... he is FINE.
And as you know... i will fight you for him.

So i guess breakfast is good huh? But then again, everything there is good, especially with a side of the owner/waiter... mmmmm
5 o'clock shadow - they do it for me!

FEMBOTanist said...

I think his name is Ryan...and i think i've had lunch with him before - in a straight girl/gay man kinda way.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I was the 200th visitor!

(wait...you arbitrarily set the counter...so my celebration of an arbitrary number is completely arbitrary! AGHGHGHGH!)

Anonymous said...

Tasty indeed!