Friday, August 18, 2006

Strange Obsession With Vests

I often find myself thinking, at what point did Disney stop making good cartoons?

There was a golden era during my childhood- The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty & The Beast, The Lion King. So many good memories. I actually think seeing Aladdin shirtless made me realize I was gay, it also started my strange obsession with vests- but that's a whole other story. These four movies in particular still stand up today as classics, sure they are crude and watered down versions of classic stories, but they are classics none the less.

In recent years there has been the obvious success of the Disney/Pixar films and I'll admit that I have enjoyed some of these movies, but lets get one thing straight they are not Disney movies. Disney made a very clever decision and paid a s***load of money to put their name on some cutting edge kids movies that weren't steaming piles of c***.

It is possible that my ill feelings towards the Disney corporation soured during the time when it was being run by arrogant conservative moron Michael Eisner, but putting that aside has anyone seen a good Disney cartoon in the last 5 years? Did anyone actually watch 'The Emperor's New Grove' or 'Treasure Planet'?

I rest my case.

The most entertaining Disney related cartoon I've seen in recent times is posted below.





And finally, there is no way I could finish this post without a picture of my perfect man.



It is perfectly normal to be in love with a cartoon character.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aladdin is hot. I was also in love with him when I was a young girl.

Anonymous said...

LOL the prozoids fight back.... !