Saturday, June 24, 2006

Tales From The Band Wagon

There is nothing Australians like more than a good sporting victory, and while I generally scoff at our nation’s obsession with all things sport I have fallen under the spell of the World Cup.

This post has no real purpose other than to invite you all to jump on the band wagon, its fun, I'm driving with one hand- and waving a flare with the other.

As a good friend of mine recently pointed out, it’s the only time I'm going to be excited about the same thing as John Howard.




Kewell scores against Croatia: At this exact moment I leap out of bed, have a small seizure, and almost lose control of my bladder.

2 comments:

FEMBOTanist said...

I can see you driving down Mickleham road with that flare...

Anonymous said...

I too jumped on that wagon, and I don't think I've enjoyed a sporting event so much since the "fembotanist v. stu on morphine" crawl up Mt.Zero, but perhaps that doesn't count as I wasn't really a spectator... I did have plenty of time to stop and take photos of the Loser though.

I'm glad I didn't have your reaction to Kewell's goal as I wasn't in the privacy of my own home. Not that I like bladder misfunction any more at home.