Saturday, July 15, 2006

Tequila?

So imagine you have a blog, you enjoy writing mildly amusing tales about the mildly amusing events of your day to day life, and then there comes a time when the events of your life seemingly urge you to tell a tale that involves real life, not quirky stupidity. When I say ‘real life’ what I’m alluding to is people problems, more specifically two people, one is you, one is a special friend, and by special I don’t mean handicapped.

What do you do when rejection inevitably rears its ugly head? In this hypothetical situation let’s say that not only does it rear its head, it leans in and takes a bite out of your ear- Mike Tyson style.

Do you blog about it and follow your first, slightly deranged, impulse, crack open a bottle of your 2nd favorite wine, crank up some Boys II Men tunes and create a post titled, ‘I Choose To Be Single, I Like It That Way, I Love Myself And I Don’t Need No Man To Complete Me: Part 1.’ Or do you do the mature thing, keep the details to yourself and post a video of a cat beating up a small child?

If you have managed to read between the blatantly obvious lines you will have realized that I presently find myself in a similar (read: the exact) situation to the one described above. I have spent a significant amount of time pondering my blog options, I’m not sure if there is any standard ‘reality:humor’ ratio for blogging- so I will attempt to find my own middle ground.

I have a poorly researched theory that in every relationship there is one person who is more emotionally invested; this is the person who feels more for their partner than the partner does for them- otherwise known as the person who ends up drinking a lot of tequila when the relationship ends. I think this is true for relationships in all the various stages, from the first date right through to marriage. I wish this wasn’t true, but I am yet to see substantial evidence to the contrary.

Luckily, I enjoy tequila.

That’s all I’m going to say.



The fisrt step is admitting you have a problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't despair Michael. Good times are on the way for you, I promise.

Anonymous said...

PUT DOWN THE TEQUILA AND COME TO MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW SO I CAN HAVE MY WAY WITH YOU...